Using a computer-to-computer private network so there's no need for a traditional telephone system, VOIP offers businesses free, or low cost, but high performance voice and video calls with optimum security. VoIP telephone systems are also simple to use and manage. Although a decent internet connection is required, you may be surprised to know that the average uptime is above 99% and calls and data are very rarely dropped.
Installation of the equipment is quick, not as costly as fitting a traditional telephone system and a service provider normally assists the going live and programming of the system on day one and, thereafter, maintenance and costs are minimal.
VoIP telephone systems can either be owned outright or businesses can rent a hosted system. For hosted VoIP, it's imperative that you select a reputable service provider to maximise the service levels. Hosted VoIP telephone systems are generally better suited to SMEs, due to the per-user pricing structure. Additional benefits of hosted VoIP include all ongoing maintenance and support, which can be a huge money saver.
SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) technology is frequently adopted for a VoIP phone system. SIP directs calls from a client's PBX in the VoIP network to a traditional PSTN. Traditional phones can be used to make VoIP calls, with the addition of an analogue telephone adaptor (ATA). Data is transferred in packets using the IP (internet protocol). The system offers the same high levels of performance as with a pre-programmed SIP phone.
Security is a primary concern and, as with any IT network, care should be taken over firewalls, encryption and access levels, but VOIP also has its own software if encryption is not desirable.
If there is an interruption in the power supply the better VoIP providers have battery backup or call diversion options so that operations are unaffected and, if the server goes down, an inbuilt intercom feature will be maintained too.
These are the common key benefits of a VoIP telephone system:
- Low call drop rate.
- Performance and uptime is over 99%.
- HD standard video conferencing.
- Maximum performance levels for voice conference calls.
- Extensions are easily to find and operate.
- Voicemail with message notifications.
- Call diverts to a pre-set quantity of alternative numbers before it defaults to voicemail.
- Transcribed messages, from voicemail to e-mail.
- Hold music.
- Door access system incorporation.
- Do not disturb function.
- Call screening abilities.
- Comprehensive activity reports.
- Call recording meeting PCI DSS regulations.
- Barge and whisper options for on call assistance and training.
- Lower cost communications.
- Optimised customer service through better communications.
- Easy to expand, add additional lines and cloud technology.
For VoIP telephone systems in Birmingham and the West Midlands, contact Midland Networks today. 0800 849 8585